First, welcome to our family! Here’s how the process usually unfolds.
- Set an appointment—Call us and we’ll set up a free half-hour consultation.
- Show up and bring the following documents—This will give us the chance to get to know you.
Here’s a basic list of what we’d like you to bring to your appointment:
- Last year or 2 of tax returns- we always double check last year’s return for maximum refunds
- Rental income
- other income Documentation
Investments Documents (1099-B, 1099-R)
- Stocks & Bonds
Expenses and Deductions Documents:
- Receipts categorized and totaled
- Real estate & Property Tax receipts
- Your books
- for a more detailed list of deductions, use our datasheet as a helpful guide
We are required to file all tax returns electronically. The refund can be direct deposited into your bank account or a physical check can be mailed to your address of record. Each year the IRS gives a guideline for when to expect the refund. Usually the federal refund will be in your bank within 10 business days.